On February 24th 1915 CT Dague was anchored at the entrance to the port of Antivari (now Bar), as a support for the English cargo steamship "Whitehead". Due to the strong winds the ship was dragging anchor, and around midnight struck an Austro-Hungarian mine and sunk with 38 sailors. In the morning sister ship CT Faulx proceed to the rescue.
In 1973 during the construction of the new port, the wreck had to be removed and was cut in 5 peaces that were displaced. 3 peaces remain today in front of port including crew quarters. The stern was apparently never put back into the water, and the bow part was buried by sand in recent years port extentions. The remains of the French sailors recovered, were taken for burial in France by French embassy. Since July 15th 2015, some artifact an remains of the wrecks can be see in "King Nikola villa" exibition.
Marine Nationale regularly comemorate some ceremony when french unit cross in vicinity of Bar. Large quantity's of the ammunition still remain in the wreck today, whatever Dague is still a popular dive sites in the area.
Im Sommer 2017 war ich mit OCTO Diving zwei Mal an diesem Tauchplatz. Das Wrack liegt unweit von der Raffinerie Bar und kann schnell mit dem Boot von der Marina erreicht werden. Die Sicht ware beide Male etwas trüb, es kam beim Wrack auch eine kalte Sprungschicht, was in dieser Gegend üblich ist. Das Wrack besteht aus drei Teilen, in einem davon kann man hindurchtauchen. Ein schöner Tauchplatz mit sämtlichen Fischen, geeignet für die Anfänger.